The people who make the magic happen
Our team takes our mission, to Live, Love and Smile, seriously. We believe strongly that smiling often increases overall quality of life… It’s even scientifically proven! We’re focused on friendly communication and the best orthodontic experience possible.Schedule Consultation
Meet Your Westside Orthodontist
Dr. Ryan McComb is a Culver City Orthodontist who lives in sunny Venice Beach, CA
He graduated from Harvard University with a Doctorate of Dental Medicine and went on to complete his Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics at UCLA.
Orthodontics is a passion of Ryan’s. From simple treatments to advanced surgical procedures, his favorite part of practicing orthodontics is assessing an individual and forming a treatment plan.
You’ll find Dr. McComb spending most of his free time active on the beach surfing, playing volleyball, or hanging out with his twin boys. He enjoys meeting new people, preparing Sunday brunch, and having deep conversations about historical fiction novels. Ask him anything about orthodontics, and he’ll be happy to provide an informative and easy to understand answer.
Awards and Honors
With numerous awards and certifications, Dr. McComb has excelled in his orthodontic career. He has spent time with the American Dental Association’s program Give Kids A Smile, providing dental services to underserved children, and contributed to orthodontic research by developing a novel technique for creating normative models of the human skull in 3-dimensions.
- Biomedical Research Award, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics (with Mentor Dr. Won Moon, 2012)
- Forestadent USA Orthodontic Residents Scholarship (Nov 2012)
- American Association of Orthodontists Foundation Biomedical Research Award (May 2012)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society (June 2010)
- Academy of Osseointegration Outstanding Dental Student in Implant Dentistry (June 2010)
- Foundation of the Pierre Fauchard Academy Scholarship Award (Dec 2009)
- Aesculapian Society, Harvard Medical School (Nov 2009)
- Walter Bradford Cannon Fellowship in Physiology, Harvard Medical School (May 2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa, Emory University (April 2004)
- Goodrich C. White Scholar, Emory University (May 2001 – May 2004)
- J.M. Rubin Foundation Scholar, Emory University (Aug 2000 – May 2004)
Patient Relations / Marketing Coordinator
New Patient Coordinator
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- Complete your dental and medical history forms
- Receive a complete exam, with complimentary X-rays, to see if treatment is necessary
- Create a customized treatment plan with Dr. McComb
- Discuss all insurance options and flexible payment plans
Once your consultation is complete, you will have the option to get started with treatment right away or schedule your next appointment. After that, we’ll see you for regular check ups every 8-12 weeks.Make an Appointment
McComb Orthodontics is a premiere provider for all PPO insurances as well as some DMOs
We work with insurance providers to make sure your treatment is covered. This means that our patients do not have to collect from their insurance company, or fight to be covered for their orthodontic treatment. As a premiere provider, our patients enjoy high quality care at an affordable cost.
If you don’t see your insurance listed, please call our office and we can look into your benefits for you.
PPO insurance companies we’re In-Network and Preferred Providers with
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Delta Dental
- Dental Benefits Providers
- Dental Health Alliance
- First Dental Health
- Lincoln Life
- Principal Financial
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
Visit our Culver City Office
A modern space with a Westside vibe
We are conveniently located just east of the 405 on Washington Blvd. You can reach our office from all Westside, Southbay and Los Angeles communities. If you have any questions about our location, don’t hesitate to give us a call.Learn More
“A piece of heaven! Best staff, and I’m a huge fan of Dr. McComb! I researched three top highly recommended ortho locations, met them in person too, and fell instantly in love with Dr. McComb and his staff.”
Edie L. | Culver City, CA