Meet Your Westside Orthodontist
Dr. Ryan McComb is a Culver City Orthodontist who lives in sunny Venice Beach, CA
He graduated from Harvard University with a Doctorate of Dental Medicine and went on to complete his Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics at UCLA.
Orthodontics is a passion of Ryan’s. From simple treatments to advanced surgical procedures, his favorite part of practicing orthodontics is assessing an individual and forming a treatment plan.
With numerous awards and certifications, Dr. McComb has excelled in his orthodontic career. He has spent time with the American Dental Association’s program Give Kids A Smile, providing dental services to underserved children, and contributed to orthodontic research by developing a novel technique for creating normative models of the human skull in 3-dimensions.
Awards and Honors
- Biomedical Research Award, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics (with Mentor Dr. Won Moon, 2012)
- Forestadent USA Orthodontic Residents Scholarship (Nov 2012)
- American Association of Orthodontists Foundation Biomedical Research Award (May 2012)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society (June 2010)
- Academy of Osseointegration Outstanding Dental Student in Implant Dentistry (June 2010)
- Foundation of the Pierre Fauchard Academy Scholarship Award (Dec 2009)
- Aesculapian Society, Harvard Medical School (Nov 2009)
- Walter Bradford Cannon Fellowship in Physiology, Harvard Medical School (May 2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa, Emory University (April 2004)
- Goodrich C. White Scholar, Emory University (May 2001 – May 2004)
- J.M. Rubin Foundation Scholar, Emory University (Aug 2000 – May 2004)
McComb RW, Marrinan EM, Nuss RC, Labrie RA, Mulliken JB, Padwa BL. Predictors of velopharyngeal insufficiency after Le Fort I maxillary advancement in patients with cleft palate. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 69(8), 2011: 2226-32.
Machado AW, McComb RW, Wu K, Moon W. Bilateral impaction of mandibular first molars treated in the early-mixed dentition: a case report. Pediatric Dentistry. Sept 2013.
Machado AW, McComb RW, Moon W, Gandini LG. Influence of the vertical position of maxillary central incisors on the perception of smile esthetics among orthodontists and laypersons. Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry, June 2014
Staying active and healthy is an important part of his life
Exercising his body and mind keeps Dr. McComb bright and ready to change lives everyday
You’ll find Dr. McComb spending most of his free time active on the beach surfing, playing volleyball, or working out at his Crossfit gym. He enjoys meeting new people, preparing Sunday brunch, and having deep conversations about historical fiction novels. Ask him anything about orthodontics, and he’ll be happy to provide an informative and easy to understand answer.